Monday, May 11, 2009

Can you be fragrance-sensitive to something natural like fresh flowers indoors? 10 Easy Points with evidence.?

My parents brought 2 bouquets of fresh flowers into my home today, and I conicidently had an asthma attack for the first time in a month. I seem to have a hypersensitive nose. But I thought only synthetic smells like perfumes caused asthma...

Can you be fragrance-sensitive to something natural like fresh flowers indoors? 10 Easy Points with evidence.?
ALL flowers have pollen, and that can play a HUGE role in asthma. See below.





A personal example: Have you ever smelled lilacs?





Last week I think I was about to develop asthma myself, when there was a big bouquet of them by my desk at work...the fragrance was over-powering!





The reason you react to flowers, indoors or out, is the pollen. That's a HUGE part of most people's spring allergies, because pollen is EVERYWHERE... trees, bushes, plants... bees carry it around, it is light enough to float on the wind, it gets on anything near it and STICKS! -I park my car under a cherry tree (which is currently blossoming -has flowers), and EVERY morning I have a new layer of pollen on my windshield, and the rest of my car. It's HARD to get off! -So you can imagine why it sticks in, and irritates your lungs.





There are some milder scented flowers that might be safe to be around, but if you want greenery I suggest you stick to non-flowering plants.





p.s. A lot of REALLY STINKY perfumes are made from flowers!

business loan

No comments:

Post a Comment